21 hours (usually 3 days including breaks)
- System administration experience
- Experience with Windows Server
- System administrators
Active Directory (AD) is a directory service for Windows domain networks. Active Directory is used to organize an organization's users and computers.
This instructor-led, live training (online or onsite) is aimed at system administrators who wish to use Microsoft Active Directory to manage and secure data access.
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Set up and configure Active Directory.
- Set up a domain and define access rights of users and devices.
- Manage users and machines through Group Policies.
- Control access to file servers.
- Set up a Certificate Service and manage certificates.
- Implement and manage services such as encryption, certificates, and authentication.
Format of the Course
- Interactive lecture and discussion.
- Lots of exercises and practice.
- Hands-on implementation in a live-lab environment.
Course Customization Options
- To request a customized training for this course, please contact us to arrange.
Overview of Active Directory Features and Architecture
Overview of Identity Management Solutions and Concepts
Setting up Active Directory
Implementing an Active Directory Directory Service
Configuring and managing Replication
Implementing and Managing a Group Policy
Implementing a Certification Authority (CA) Hierarchy
Implementing and administering Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS)
Enabling Data Access
Securing Active Directory Domain Services
Implementing and Managing Rights Management Services (RMS)
Implement Windows Azure Active Directory
Integrating Active Directory with OpenLDAP
Monitoring Active Directory
Summary and Conclusion